Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm New At This

I have been posting my couponing successes on my Facebook since I started in July, but I'm pretty sure people are getting tired of hearing about it even though I LOVE it! So I decided to dedicate a blog to my new hobby. I will also try to help ya'll who want to get started! So, I usually find my "deals" (as I call them) on other blogs or websites, but I will post the ones I like the best here. My favorite blogs and websites are-

Hip2Save she always has awesome freebies posted on her site, I've gotten something free in the mail for the past 3 weeks or so. It's amazing! She also has great deals for online shoppers.
Southern Savers I use this site to make my grocery lists, she has a complete list of the weekly ads to TONS of stores. She also matches coupons from the Sunday paper and gives you ones you can print off the internet. It makes going to the store with coupons super easy!
Couponing To Disney I go to this site for her 5 a Days and her 4 a Days. What are these you ask? She wants everyone to e-mail 5 companies a day about their products from complaints to compliments. The companies generally send you a freebie or coupons. And this totally works! I've gotten tons of high value coupons from these 5 a Days. The 4 a Days are 4 freebies a day, and I'm all about the freebies! I have also adopted her idea of "couponing to disney". She saves the money she get from mail-in rebates, surveys, and all the loose change in their pockets and puts it in a fund and they go to DisneyWorld once a year! I've decided we are going to have a "Debt Free Fund" hence the name of my blog "Countdown to Freedom". And we are going to pay off our debts one by one, I'm so excited for this!

Sometimes I make up my own deals so I will post those as well! 

I have 2 tips to get you started if you're a newbie:

Get 2 Sunday papers EVERY Sunday! I get 4 on the first Sunday of every month because there are great coupons usually.

and DON'T GET OVERWHELMED! I know that it can be at first, but once you have enough coupons stocked up and get the hang of putting your lists together it super easy and so much fun savings money. And always remember I'm here to help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment